Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Saturday, June 19, 2010
JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel said on Thursday it was easing a land blockade of the Gaza Strip that drew heightened international criticism after its deadly raid on an aid flotilla bound for the Hamas-run Palestinian territory.
A new Israeli-approved product list includes all food items, toys, stationery, kitchen utensils, mattresses and towels, said Raed Fattouh, the Palestinian coordinator of supplies to Gaza.
Thursday, June 17, 2010
Thursday, June 3, 2010
June 3, 2010
To the international community:
In view of recent events, the Kingdom of Bir Tawil cannot abstain from expressing its concern and making known its position as a sovereign nation. The authorities of the Kingdom concretely refer to:
a) the sinking of the ROKS Cheonan while patrolling its national waters by a submarine of the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea on March 26, 2010 and
b) the violent boarding of a flotilla with humanitarian aid destined for Gaza while in international waters by the forces of State of Israel on May 31, 2010
We must hereby publicly condemn both actions as threats to world peace and urge all parties involved to work towards solutions that are fair and just.
King George Henry I
The Council of Elders of Bir Tawil
The People of Bir Tawil
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Tawil at the Palace of Aurora. The following transcendent decisions were taken:
- The Council of Elders is to be a transitional organ of government. Its
decisions are to be taken by means of simple majority in votes. It delegated
power of drafting the Constitution to King George Henry I, while reserving the
power to make suggestions. The suggestion period shall last two weeks, and the
King will have an additional week to put it all in order and submit a
Constitution. Approval and enactment of the Constitution is to be up to the
Council of Elders. This shall be carried out via a Yahoo Group created by the
King. In order to make electronic decisions more expedient, it will be assumed
that Council members vote in favor unless they explicitly state their disfavor
within a week.
- The Council of Elders reviewed all the Royal Decrees enacted by King George
Henry I up to that date, with the following results:
RD#1 (Foundation): Approved
RD#2 (Flag): Modifications were proposed to the flag. Water is to be added to
the well, and a goat shall be rendered, who will attempt to drink the water.
RD#3 (Citizens): Approved
RD#4 (Renumbering): Approved
RD#5 (Validity): Approved
RD#6 (Monarchy): Modifications were proposed. Monarch may be vacated for
dereliction of duty and moral incapacity. Successor may be named from without
the Royal Family, but incorporated into it via adoption. Mechanisms shall be
adopted should the Monarch and heir die simultaneously.
- A parallel entity is to be created, which shall deal with the production,
distribution and commercialization of Bir Tawilean merchandise and products:
stamps, certificates, documents, mugs, T-shirts, etc.
I request any ammendments to these minutes before they become official in a
George Henry I of Bir Tawil
Monday, April 26, 2010
Agenda for the first meeting of the Council of Elders
1. Opening speech by King George Henry I of Bir Tawil, in which he shall expound his vision for the kingdom, account for his Royal Decrees and commission the Council of Elders to organize the legal foundations of the state.
2. Opening speeches by the members of the Council of Elders, in order of their ID number, in which they shall put forward whichever thoughts they find pertinent to the foundation of the kingdom.
3. Discussion on the role, procedures and power of the Council of Elders.
4. Ceremonial handover of shared power to the Council of Elders.